IAP2 Canada advances good public participation practice and supports practitioners with more than 900 members across Canada.
IAP2 Canada is an association of professionals in the field of public participation (P2), who seek to promote and improve the practice in relation to individuals, governments, institutions and other entities that affect the public interest in Canada and around the world.
JOIN OUR ORGANIZATION
Membership Benefits & Services
One of the biggest benefits of being a member of IAP2 is summed up by one longtime member: “the chance to hang out with other P2 folks”. IAP2 Canada members are a diverse community of professionals, citizens, academics, and decision-makers who are committed to involving the public in decisions that affect them. As the pre-eminent organization for public participation and public engagement in Canada, IAP2 Canada offers a unique opportunity to meet, communicate with and share “war stories” with others who “get” P2 – both across Canada and around the world.
We invite you to join over 900 individuals from across Canada and become a member of IAP2 Canada today!
- Join a monthly learning webinar or try a training Taster for free.
- Participate in our training and professional developmentand in-person, where members received reduced rates at IAP2 hosted courses.
- Connect with your local chapter and meet others in your area who are passionate about P2.
- Reduced rates for the annual IAP2 North American Conference and the IAP2 Canada Skills Symposium.
- Participate in our mentorship program.
- Participate in the Indigenous Awareness Program.
- Participate in our Communities of Practice, including Indigenous Engagement or , or one of the Communities of Practices offered by our friends in Australasia.
- Share your job postings or RFPs with us for free on our Work Opportunities website (accessible to all).
- Explore the latest in research to help design the most appropriate P2 process for your particular work.
- Apply to be certified and earn the CP3 (Certified Public Participation Professional) designation, indicating that internationally-recognized standards are met.
- Visit our members-only section of the website, where you can find our member directory, and access an archive of past learning webinars.
Stay connected and sign up for Chapter Updates